I am the husband of Lisa and the Father of Fletcher, Parker, and Jake. I have pastored Twelve Oaks Baptist Church in Paducah since March of 2012. I have also pastored Olivet Baptist Church in Herndon, KY and Eagle Heights Baptist Church in Shepherdsville, KY. It is my greatest desire to serve the lord, Jesus Christ, and His church.
Philosophy of Ministry
I am called to a ministry based squarely on the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is my desire to see Galatians 5:16-23 enacted within the people of the church as the Holy Spirit takes people enslaved in sin and produces the fruit of the Spirit within them freeing them from sin and its consequences.
I desire to see people led to a worship of God based upon a knowledge of and submission to His holiness and grace and in gratitude for the mercy and forgiveness of Christ.
It is also my desire to lead a congregation to a depth of biblical knowledge and understanding that is seen in a holy life and a Christian worldview that is making an impact on the society around them.
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Doctor of Ministry in Evangelism and Church Growth, December 2017.
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Master of Divinity, May 2003.
Austin Peay State University, Bachelor of Science in Public Relations, December 1993.
May 1989: Graduated from Christian County High School, Hopkinsville, KY
March 2012—Present: Pastor, Twelve Oaks Baptist Church, Paducah, KY
March 2004—March 2012: Pastor, Olivet Baptist Church, Herndon, KY
October 2001—March 2004: Pastor, Eagle Heights Baptist Church, Shepherdsville, KY
Other Ministerial Experience:
1996—2001: Preached frequently as pulpit supply. Participated as a counselor for Disciple Now weekends and various other youth events.
October 2000—October 2001: Sunday school teacher for young couples at Highview Baptist Church, East Campus. Kevin Ezell, DMin Pastor.
Preparing and teaching Southern Baptist Sunday School Curriculum. Managing class activity such as socials, care groups and overall Sunday school ministry. Led one of two adult Sunday Schools for Highview’s East Campus when it began.
May 1997—August 1998: Youth Minister, Pembroke Baptist Church, Pembroke, Ken-tucky. Pastor: Charles Burgett, DMin
Writing and teaching youth Bible study. Coordinating youth events and ministry. Pulpit supply. Assisted Pastor with counseling and other church ministry. Coordinated youth outreach programs.
•President-Elect of the KBC Pastor’s Conference, 2019
• Moderator of the West Union Baptist Association—2017-2018
• Kentucky Baptist Convention Mission Board: 2008-2011 term and 2013-2016 term
• Administrative Committee of the Kentucky Baptist Convention: 2010-2011, 2013-2014, and 2015-2016
• Chairman of the Church Consulting and Revitalization Committee 2015-2016
• Nominating Committee of the Kentucky Baptist Convention: 2010
• International short term missions to Brazil (6 times) and Russia.
• Led partnerships with Crossings Church, SBC in Spanish Fork, Utah
• 5 years as chairman of the Mission development Committee of the Christian County Baptist Association
• 5 years Counseling for Impact Ministries in Hopkinsville, KY
• Spiritual Aims chairman of the Hopkinsville, KY Kiwanis club
• Preached revivals