I am called to a ministry based squarely on the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is my desire to see Galatians 5:16-23 enacted within the people of the church as the Holy Spirit takes people enslaved in sin and produces the fruit of the Spirit within them freeing them from sin and its consequences.
I desire to see people led to a worship of God based upon a knowledge of and submission to His holiness and grace and in gratitude for the mercy and forgiveness of Christ.
It is also my desire to lead a congregation to a depth of biblical knowledge and understanding that is seen in a holy life and a Christian worldview that is making an impact on the society around them.
March 2012—November 2020: Pastor, Twelve Oaks Baptist Church, Paducah, KY
March 2004—March 2012: Pastor, Olivet Baptist Church, Herndon, KY
October 2001—March 2004: Pastor, Eagle Heights Baptist Church, Shepherdsville, KY
- Attendance growth in all three ministries, growing from 20 to 60 at Eagle Heights in two years, from 75-120 in eight years at Olivet, and from 275-350 in less than four years at Twelve Oaks Baptist Church
- Averaged 20 baptisms per year
- Led Olivet and Twelve Oaks to begin new discipleship programs training laypeople in more intensive Bible based courses.
- Led Twelve Oaks to implement a second Sunday morning service to accommodate growth
- Grew the staff at Twelve Oaks from 1 full-time and 2 part-time staff members to 3 full-time and 1 part-time staff members.
- Led all three churches in new outreach programs including visitation, letter writing, and greeters programs.
- Led all three churches to increased giving and budgets.
- Led Olivet and Twelve Oaks to begin missions programs, both domestic and international.
- Developed and designed many new programs such as discipleship training, counseling, youth and children’s programs.
- Led staff and deacon body.
- Designed and led strategic planning program for the church, including church purpose, vision, and implementation.
- Began visitation and outreach program and prayer groups.
- Led the Sunday school Growth in all three churches including new classes.
- Prepared and developed Bible studies and expository sermons for congregational meetings.
- Counseled members in spiritual life, pre-marital counseling, grief counseling, etc.
- Conducted weddings, funerals, and church ordinances.
- Planned the church calendar.
- Planned, developed, and maintained the church website.
- Developed the church public relations program including promotion and advertising.
- Visited sick and shut-ins.
- Diligently prayed for God’s leadership and vision for the church as well as for the spiritual growth of the congregation and the salvation of those to whom we ministered.
- President of the 2019 Kentucky Baptist Convention Pastor’s Conference
- Crossings Ministry board member—2016-present. Current board chairman
- Moderator of the West Union Baptist Association—2017-2018
- Kentucky Baptist Convention Mission Board: 2008-2011 term and 2013-2016 term
- Administrative Committee of the Kentucky Baptist Convention: 2010-2011, 2013-2014, and 2015-2016
- Chairman of the Church Consulting and Revitalization Committee 2015-2016
- Nominating Committee of the Kentucky Baptist Convention: 2010
- International short term missions to Brazil (6 times) and Russia.
- Led partnerships with Crossings Church, SBC in Spanish Fork, Utah
- 5 years as chairman of the Mission Development Committee of the Christian County Baptist Association
- 5 years Counseling for Impact Ministries in Hopkinsville, KY
- Spiritual Aims chairman of the Hopkinsville, KY Kiwanis club
- Preached revivals
- Doctor of Ministry: The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky. Graduated December, 2017
- Master Of Divinity: The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky. Graduated May, 2003.
- Bachelor of Science: Austin Peay State University, Clarksville, Tennessee. Public Relations with a minor in Psychology. Graduated December 1993